Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sweet Madeline... you know you can sing it, right?













I've been lucky enough to follow Linel and Matt through their engagement, their wedding, their pregnancy, capture photos of their newborn and now I had the pleasure of doing her 6 month photos. I LOVE 6 months! They are so awesome at 6 months!!!! Did I mention I LOVE 6 months??? :)
I am going to post some info about the workflow and photo itself. Cutest model!!!

For most shots with kids I use my 50mm, much like the totally awesome Kelley Ryden. I LOVE her stuff. The 50mm is easy on the wallet. You can get the 1.8 for about $100. I traded up for the 1.4 and the sharpness at 2.0 is amazingly more wonderful then the 1.8. They sell I 1.2 but I'd have to sell a child... a small one, but still a child. With kids I've found that keeping that shutter speed up is essential as they move like the dickens. Of course you want your ISO low for better quality. Here is a sample of the photo SOOC (straight out of camera, lol!) and with the adjustments made. I shoot in RAW so white balance is easily adjustable in post.

ISO200, 50mm 1.4 at f2.0, EV +1.3, 1/100 a bit too slow for awake children, but it worked. :) sb800 bounced manual (1/8 i think) + natural light fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment